What We Do
School of Rock
Beauty and the Beast Jr.
NEW YORK CITY
Code of Conduct: SPA Member Code
Parents of minors: Because your son or daughter will participate in Sudbrink Performance Academy’s production of Descendants the Musical, both you and your participating child must understand our Member Code of Conduct.
Your acknowledgement of the Member Code, along with that of your student-performer/volunteer, indicates that you understand and accept those responsibilities and obligations, and agree to cooperate with SPA personnel in enforcing the Member Code.
Sudbrink Performance Academy Member Code of Conduct
Welcome to Sudbrink Performance Academy! We are excited to have you join a program that upholds a standard of excellence and integrity, and we are happy for you to be part of it. While our program is competitive in the sense that we participate in awards programs, we do not define success by winning. Success is the direct result of the combination of effort, teamwork, commitment, and support for each other. We are still a relatively new organization, and we count on all our members to continue building our reputation within our community. We are pleased you have joined us in being part of our organization.
Sudbrink Performance Academy strives to provide:
1. Adequate supplies, equipment, and facilities; 2. Educated and experienced staff; 3. Support to students, cast and crew, volunteers, staff, and parents.
Good sportsmanship is encouraged and expected among parents. In the theatre world, we mean having a positive and encouraging nature toward not only your own child, but also other actors, volunteers, staff, and parents. Failure to exhibit good sportsmanship may result in removal from the production and/or future opportunities.
Message to the Student Cast/Crew/Volunteer:
Sudbrink Performance Academy has worked very hard to build a tradition known for excellence and integrity. It takes years of dedication, commitment, and hard work by a countless number of people to build a lasting reputation. As a member of Sudbrink Performance Academy, (as a SudKid), you must strive to uphold this high standard of excellence. Once you have become a member, you have made a choice to uphold certain standards expected in this community.
1. The use of vulgar or profane language is unacceptable within the show community: be it at rehearsal, performance, or social events with cast and crew members. Even when you are out in public, you represent SPA, as you are a public figure to those who see you perform. Using vulgar or profane language while in your show shirt or any branded Sudbrink Academy gear is not allowed.
2. Exhibit appropriate behavior at all times. AKA don’t ever behave in a way you would not in front of your parents. This includes but is not limited to: physical behavior toward another person, verbal behavior, disrespecting others, bullying, hazing.
3. ALCOHOL, DRUGS & TOBACCO ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED. The possession, use, consumption, distribution, purchase, sale or manufacture of, or any other involvement with illegal drugs, controlled substances, alcohol or alcoholic beverages, anabolic or androgenic steroids, tobacco, tobacco products, E-Cigarettes, Vapor Pens, or facsimiles, "lookalike" drugs, drug paraphernalia, or substances or products that mask or tamper with any of these, is strictly prohibited. Also prohibited is the distribution, abuse or misuse of over the counter medications or prescription drugs, or other chemicals or substances.
*Please note that #3 is prohibited at any time and place throughout the rehearsal process, whether at home or at SPA events. The rehearsal process is the duration of time from the day a script is in hand, to the day it is returned. Even if the participant is of legal age to purchase or use the products, members agree to refrain from using any of the above products, even on personal time, until scripts have been returned.
4. Social Media.
For the duration of the rehearsal process, social media activity with a negative connotation against any cast or crew member, staff member, volunteer, or parent of a member, or toward the show or organization, is prohibited. Keep in mind that even “private” posts or snap chats are NEVER actually private, and they leak all the time. Any posts, stories, memes, or chats that are of a derogatory or bullying nature will violate the code of conduct. Treat each other online the same way you would in person.
5. During this pandemic time, we are taking extra precautions to keep everyone safe and comfortable. We expect ALL to abide by whatever guidelines are set forth by the personnel running the rehearsal. Remember that even if you feel comfortable in close contact with others, your castmates may not all feel the same way. Respect each other by being courteous and careful.
Your participation is a privilege and should be treated as such. Any time you wear SudGear, or walk onto the stage, you are representing yourself, your family, SPA, and all SudKids who came before you. Your behavior should be your best in all areas. Students, staff, parents, and the community will closely observe your conduct.
Violation of any of the above rules will result either in 1.) Single warning of violation; or 2.) immediate removal from show/event. The consequence will be determined based on the severity of the violation and will be decided by the production staff as a group decision.
1. RESPONSIBILITIES TO YOURSELF: The most important of these responsibilities is to develop strength of character and positive values and behaviors.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES TO SPA: The community and other communities judge our programs by your conduct and attitudes, both on and off the stage. You can make a positive contribution to our reputation and community pride. In addition, you are a role model for younger performers. These students look up to you and dream of being as successful as we hope you to be. Be sure the example you set is a positive one.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES TO OTHERS: As a team member you also bear a heavy responsibility to your fellow members and family. When you know that you have lived up to all of your commitments that you have practiced with great enthusiasm and that you have performed to the best of your ability, you can keep your self respect and your family and fellow members can be proud of you.
Sudbrink Performance Academy strives to create a supportive, family-like environment for all members. By participating, you agree not only to follow the rules outlined above, but also to contribute to the positive environment we strive to have. Encourage your fellow performers and volunteers. Lift each other up; don’t tear each other down. Together, we can do great things.
I agree to the terms of the Code of Conduct, and hold myself fully responsible for abiding by them.
Indicates required field
Name of Participant
Name of Parent (if participant is a minor)
Sudbrink Performance Academy
271 W Main Street | Waukesha, WI 53186
262-510-2035 | firstname.lastname@example.org
© COPYRIGHT SUDBRINK PERFORMANCE ACADEMY 2019. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
What We Do
School of Rock
Beauty and the Beast Jr.
NEW YORK CITY